I love a good Challenge – Ellen Hutson is holding 12 Tags of Christmas With a Feminine Twist. The 12 Tags challenge is packed with amazing ideas for tags ranging from simple to ornate. The prizes are fantastic 12 $25 gift codes and 1 $150 grand prize gift code. Time is always a challenge at this time of year – I hope I have time for more than one creation!
These tags are inspired by Day 2 of the challenge by Carissa Wiley I always love listening to Carissa, she has an uplifting and joy filled voice, she never fails to make me smile and I often laugh out loud. In this post she gives us a simple and effective way to create tags with NO DIES! A bonus for all of us.
I am a big fan of using the supplies I have on hand, this time I chose the retired Essentials By Ellen Season to Sparkle by Julie Eversole.
- I cut the tags according to Carissa’s method.
- I used a flourish background tag by Sizzix on Neenah Classic Cream cardstock (I didn’t have craft cardstock on hand).
- I prepped the black card stock tag with my powder tool. I used VersaMark clear ink to stamp the ‘Tis the Season to Sparkle sentiment and embossed it using Ranger white embossing powder and heat set that.
- For the snowflakes I prepped the card stock again and using VersaMark I stamped and heat set a few of the large and small snowflakes using Stampendous Clear Deep Impressions embossing powder.
- I filled in with the medium snowflake using Hero Arts Unicorn white ink.
I was able to bring the craft color back in with some burlap ribbon from my stash.